Above La Finca Golf Course
There are two routes to the top.
Route a) going up the left side of the mountain does not officially give you access to the cairn at the top, although a hole under the high wire fence made it possible in December 2006. Great views and abundant flora up there.
- From the commercial centre go up the straight road past the golf course (but don’t veer off to the right to the club house.
- Continue on with the orange groves on your left as the road becomes a track, (we ignored the no admittance sign as we assumed that referred to vehicles) bear left, then at the corner of the storage lake go right and start the climb to the top.
- After rising steeply the track levels out and bears right to reach the summit at a gentler gradient.
- After reaching the summit and enjoying the views, to descend you can use the track of route b).
- Head towards Algorfa on the new road and at the roundabout by the new white houses, which are the last of the La Finca urbanisations, turn left up the road towards the large green storage building belonging to the golf course, passing a lake on your left.
- About 100 yards after the storage building, just before the large piles of tipped stone and rubble, turn right along a track that takes you through an area that appears to be a tip for grass and palm tree cuttings (amongst other things).
- Follow the path/track as it weaves away from the tip across open country, round the top of a gulley, then heads towards the visible path that rises around the right of the minor hill. The path bends round the hill and rises steeply with a deep gulley to its left. The path straightens out to climb less steeply parallel to the edge of the mountain to reach the summit.
- After reaching the summit and enjoying the views, if you can get under the fence it is possible to descend using the track of route a).
With thanks to Denise and Geoff Brooks, Montemar.